Friday, May 3, 2013

Sweat It Out! #1

Recently I've been loving the idea of incorporating fitness and health into beauty blogs. Working out and staying fit has become a major pursuit in my life, so I've decided to share my routines and tips with you in a segment called "Sweat It Out!" If you're interested in learning more about how I stay active, then keep reading. If not then stay tuned for more beauty-related posts, because I plan on having more up soon! Thanks guys!


About to go on a run!

I began my fitness obsession around the end of December of 2012, when I realized that I wasn't satisfied with the way I looked and needed to make a drastic change. I quickly got a gym membership, and started jogging right away. My routines were much more aggressive at first because my goal was to burn calories and drop some pounds. Over the months, I read up on tons of fitness sites. What I realized, was that before I could do extensive, fat-burning workouts, I had to build endurance. My boyfriend set a goal for me about 2 weeks ago, to run 6 miles to his place and 6 miles back to mine by the end of the summer. When he told me this I flipped out!! 12 miles? Are you crazy?? At first this number seemed outrageous to me, but the more I thought about the more confident I became. Setting goals such as this are great ways to motivate yourself! Remember, it's not about burning calories, it's about become a healthier you! I promise, following a steady workout plan and knowing your limits will help you condition your body over time, and the physical results you are looking for will soon come afterwards! I am no where near my weight-loss goal, but I'm taking it one day at a time, and for the past 5 months I have been on a steady and consistent health/workout plan that makes me feel great and pushes my boundaries.


One of the things I love most about working out are the clothes! My gym clothes are the most comfortable clothes in my closet, and I know it's been said that you don't need to spend lots of money to go the gym, but honestly I love feeling confident and curvy in my gym uniform! I try not to wear clothes that are too revealing at school, so working out is my excuse to go crazy with the yoga pants! My essentials are: sports bra, tank top, yoga pants, comfortable nikes and a light wind breaker if I'm running outside.

Today's workout attire

After a morning run I will hit my local smoothie store and grab my favorite drink! Next, it's time for breakfast and finally off to work. It's been such a beautiful day today and my jog was wonderful this morning! Thanks for reading, guys. I'll have more fitness posts coming soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment