Monday, April 29, 2013

Breakfast Routine for a School Day

Yum!


I once heard that it's important to eat breakfast like a king, and dinner like a pauper. Now, I'm not sure how accurate that saying is, but I've definitely taken it to heart.



Organic Eggs


Breakfast is the most important meal of all. Depending on what you eat, you can have a good day, or an awful one. Trust me, I know. The way to avoid this is to ditch the sugary cereals and McDonalds breakfast burrito for whole-wheat bread, natural ingredients (such as fruits and vegetables) and a nice portion of protein. Most women have a major lack of protein in their diet, and my favorite way to conquer this insufficiency is a hearty serving of almonds and eggs every morning. The eggs provide great taste, and tend to fill me up fast. While the almonds provide crucial ingredients such as potassium, fiber and healthy carbs. I've noticed that the more consistently I eat healthy, the easier it is for me to turn down the fast food. In fact, the thought of fast food makes me sick! I'd much rather grab a banana now, which is something I never would have done in the past.



Fresh Grapes

Fruit has recently become a major part of my diet. I can't live without a few grapes, a banana or a fresh watermelon in the morning to start my day. At first, it may seem very difficult to switch to healthy foods but I promise you, the natural sugars included in fruits will always be more satisfying than artificial ingredients. You will feel more awake and lively, and it definitely beats the sugar crash you get after a few hours. So to sum it all up, my school day breakfast recipe consists of:

Whole-Wheat Bagel with Cream Cheese

Fresh Fruit

Eggs

Almonds or Other Unsalted Nuts

Tall Glass of Orange Juice

And the occasional Fruit Smoothie if I worked out that morning, 
but I'll save that for another blog post ;)

I hope you guys were able to take something out of my breakfast routine! Please comment any questions you may have on alternating foods, or difficulties you may have from making the switch from sugary to healthy. I definitely enjoyed today's post, and I'll hope to write again soon! Thanks! (:




No comments:

Post a Comment